Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Story of the Engagement Ring...


The story of the ring…So a lot of you have noticed the nice new rock Im sporting on my ring finger these days. No I did not run off and get engaged, it was given to me by my grandmother. As you all know shes been in the hospital for some time now and is going to pass away soon. When all of the grandkids came out to say their goodbyes she gave me her ring then. Its definitely safe to say that I got the one thing everyone was wanting from her so I put it right on my finger and am not planning on taking it off. It’s a classic ring, 50 years old and has amazing style so whenever I do get married Im going to use this ring. I hope to love my spouse and have as long lasting of a marriage as my grandparents did. This ring will always kind of be a reminder of a different time where marriages lasted a little longer and family values were checked a bit more. Anyways I found this in my grandma’s jewelry box and thought it was pretty cool. Interesting that 50 years ago this ring cost $243. Back then that was probably an awful lot considering the average salary was $4,743 and minimum wage was $1.00.


Now onto a completely unrelated bit of news...I'm pretty sure I saw Strawberry Shortcakes house on the freeway...

No comments:

Post a Comment