Oh oh oh oh oh OH oh. Damn those catchy BEP’s songs. So I had to drive my son’s friend home this morning so I’m trying to make small talk with him and asked about his girlfriend. Apparently they have been together 16 months…hahaha so precious. 16 months huh? Not that anyone’s counting or anything. It would be funny to hear a grown man say that. I’d have to throw a rock at his head afterwards but it would still be funny to sincerely hear it.
So my pet peeve of the day… All those too cool people who think they’re so clever and fresh with their 909 jokes. Get over it. Orange County people are just as trashy but in a different way. Don’t act like all your Affliction, fake hair/boobs and coke habit are so much more above raised trucks, SRH tank tops and star tattoos? And second, the people who are almost always talking shit aren’t even originally from Orange County!! You can’t live here three years and act like you are qualified to judge. The other thing is usually I let them babble on and on and then I let them know I’m a former 9’er and they get all apologetic…no not you I meant like you know how “the others” are. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sticking up for them or saying they are cool, I’m just saying…people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. In honor of that I have provided the following:
You know you’re From Orange County When...
You make $60,000 and you’re still considered as the Lower-Middle Class.
You know what In-N-Out is and feel bad for all the other states because they don't have any.
You know that if you drive one mile in any direction you will find a McDonald's or a Starbucks.
You classify new people you meet by their Area Code.
909- Are you kidding me?
310- To Ghetto...
You've bought oranges, flowers, cherries or peanuts on a freeway off-ramp.
You've partied in Tijuana at least once.
You've inadvertently learned Spanish.
You have thought that 20 years of construction on 22 freeway is enough.
It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH"
You have bypassed a mattress, a folding chair, and a dryer on the freeway while on your way to work.
You shop at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and/or Henry's.
You eat a different ethnic food at every meal.
You think $1200 a month rent is way too good to be true. (You know this!)
You still go to the beach in December.
Going to Disneyland can be a weekly routine.
You know what "sigalert", "PCH", "CHOC", "OCTFCU" and "the five" mean.
You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.
You see the original Batmobile and Kobe Bryant in the same intersection.
Your body looks more plastic than the Diet Coke bottle you're drinking out of.
You can go get carnitas, a chicken teriyaki rice bowl, greek gyro, and burgers all in one spot!
You wear a sweater, jeans and boots when the temp drops below 65 degrees.
You know people that live in Costa Mesa but say they live in Newport Beach or they live in Anaheim but say they live in Anaheim Hills. (ahaha)
You get offended at the new name for the Angels.
You know you're from Orange County when you pay hundreds of dollars every month to let a small group of people tell you what shade of beige your house can be and what two types of flowers you can plant in your yard.
Driving from Irvine to Anaheim in an hour is considered making good time! (So true!!)
You know you're from the Inland Empire IF...
1. Every one of your friends, including yourself, has a drinking problem.
2. You're pissed that you live in the 909 but your cell is 951.
3. Everyone is in a band.
4. Statutory rape laws don’t exist here.
5. You hook up with someone on Friday night and Saturday morning you have 10 missed calls from people that already heard about it.
6. You've known more than half your friends since junior high, or elementary school
7. You use terms like "Mo Val", "San Berdoo", and "Victimville" to refer to places
8. When you go to parties you bring your own beer
and guard it with your life
9. A party isn't a party until the cops come and someone gets knocked out
10. Every Jetta you see has a roxy sticker on the back
11. The who’s going to drive to get more booze conversation is decided by who has the fewest number of D.U.I.'s
12. You try to act as white trash as possible but your parents live in million dollar houses and drive hummers (there’s million dollar houses in the I.E.?)
13. You know at least 10 people with a tattoo of their last name, a star, or a flower
14. At least half the guys you see are wearing black Active socks
15. When all of your girlfriends go off to college and all your guy friends stay home and work construction
16. You walk into a party and you've hooked up with at least half the people there
17. Even the people you haven’t seen since high school still manage to find out what and who you are doing
18. You walk into Vons or Rite Aid and see at least 5 people you know
19. You have an Uncle Jager.
20. You participate in the cycle of: A) Seeing old people at parties and then B) Being the old people at parties.
21. "Your mom" is the most common phrase in your vocabulary.
22. You walk to your truck at Victoria gardens and mistaking put your key in one of the 50 black lifted F-250 with Famous stickers on them...
23. You still miss Metro and Gotham.
24. You go to Victoria gardens on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night because there isn’t much else to do...
25. You know what a Bro is, and what a Bro Ho is.
26. Being called a Bro Ho isn’t a good thing yet all of them are excited to be called one.
27. When Monday night bowling is the highlight of your week.
28. You go to the Branding Iron on Wednesday nights.
29. You know what people do at "the Top of Haven”
30. Your whole life is DRAMA.
31. You can’t start a day without Starbucks. (How is this just a 909 thing?)
32. You run into your ex's ALL the time.
33. When you think Fontana is ghetto. (fontucky)
34. When you have been to a Quakes game on Friday night.
35. You were disappointed to learn that Hemet is no longer the Meth capital of the world
36. u know what emo is... but you're too "hardcore"
37. You have gone offroading off the 71
39. You have been to a Rufio concert. (Ha, just went to my first one)
40. You know someone who works at Active, Hollister or Abercrombie.
41. u know someone who went through the "bleaching" the hair phase, with spikes
42. You have crossed a raging flood . . . in an intersection
43. Kids love their cars more than they love their parents
44. You know that snoop dogg lives 10 min away and where his house is.
45. You know that snoop dogg's mom lives 10 min away and where her house is.
46. You know at least 10 people that had to be evacuated from their homes because of the wildfires.
47. You take the 10 or 60 to get somewhere that is 5 min away, but it takes 45 minutes to get there
48. all ur old friends have kids.. and u know their baby daddy.
49. At least 5 of your friends has their lip pierced or have pluggs
50. Lifted trucks have west coast choppers, Tapout, skin industries, fox or Famous sticker
51. u eat dennys or albertos after a hard night of partyin'!!!!
52. u know someone with a 50cc pit bike
53. You know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Travis barker (hahaha so true!)
54. Every radio station fades into Spanish at least once during your commute